Friday, April 22, 2011

THE PLAN

I will be riding my bike from Canton, OH to the start of the 2011 Assault on Mt. Mitchell in Spartanburg South Carolina.
I will be leaving Monday May 11 and arriving either Thursday or Friday.
I am planning on riding 220-250 Km each day for a total of approximately km 1000.

I will be traveling with very little belongings and will be staying in Motels. I chose motels that have a microwave and a fridge so I can eat simple meals.I plan on purchasing food at local grocery stores and eating and recovering in my hotel room. I envision about 8-9 hours in the saddle each day! 

The Trip: 
Monday May 9: Canton - Athens, OH ~230km
Tuesday May 10: Athens, OH Paintsville, KY ~ 240km
Wednesday May 11: Paintsville-Johnson City, TN ~230km
Thursday May 12: Johnson City, TN - Spartanburg, SC ~200km, but it also includes a mountain pass! 
Friday-Sunday: Mostly rest with a few recovery rides
Monday May 16: The Assault! After the race and some recovery, I might start the ride home by riding to Johnson City (or hitching a ride from someone going north!

No comments:

Post a Comment